... from Tarifa ..."the South of Spain"... to - Meknes - Erfoud - Merzouga (Sahara) - Fez - Chaouen
Tour to the Sahara Desert from Spain
Sahara Desert Tour for 5 days. Be enchanted by a whole new world, culture and lifestyle. We take you from city to city in this ancient and almost unchanged culture, you will be astonished by the amazing cuisine, Muslim architecture, and the vastness and beauty of the Sahara Desert!
DATES OF THE TOUR:
- from December 26th to 30th, 2013.
- ***from December 30th to January 3rd, 2014.
- from February 26th to March 2nd, 2014.
- from April 12th to 16th, 2014.
- from April 16th to 20th, 2014.
- from July 16th to 20th, 2014.
- from October 9th to 13th, 2014.
- from December 4th to 8th, 2014.
- from December 22nd to 26th, 2014.
- from December 26th to 30th, 2014.
PRICE PER PERSON:
329 Euros from
Tarifa in double room and/or triple room.
Supplement for a single room - 90 Euros.
Supplement for a room in the Sahara desert - 30 Euros.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
- Fast Ferry tickets Tarifa - Tangier - Tarifa (35 minutes).
- Private bus in Morocco.
- Guide from travel agency.
- 1 night in 4* Meknes Hotel.
- 1 night in haima (Moroccan Tents) in the Sahara desert.
- 2 nights in 4* Fez Hotel.
- Guided Tour of Chaouen with local guide.
- Guided Tour of Fez with local guide.
- Paid admission to monuments.
- Camel ride to the dunes.
- Jeep ride in the desert.
- 4 breakfasts, 3 dinners and 1 lunch.
- Traveler´s insurance.
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Insurance cancellation fees, however this is available for purchase.
- Drinks for lunch and/or dinner.
- Beverages of the meals.
- ***December 30th to January 3rd, 2014 - Supplement 30 Euros.
* Place to stay the night before the tour will start: Hostal Alameda, Tarifa.
FIRST DAY: Tarifa - Meknes
8:00 AM - Assemble at the port of Tarifa.
9:00 AM - We will board the ferry to Tangier. Upon arrival in Tangier we will pick up our Moroccan tour guide and then travel on to Meknes. Arrival in Meknes and hotel check-in.
Dinner at the hotel.
SECOND DAY: Azrou - Midelt - Erfoud - Merzouga (Sahara)
tour to the Sahara Desert from Spain will bring us to Merzouga. We begin the day with a panoramic visit in the city of Meknes, Bab el Mansur and the market. After which we depart for Erfoud where we take jeeps to the oasis of Merzouga where you get your first taste of the Sahara. Its dunes stretch infinitely into the horizon and some rise more than 150 meters skyward. We spend the night in haimas (communal tents) in the middle of the desert. Dinner in the haima.
THIRD DAY: Rissani – Ifrane - Fez
Early wake up call to see the sunrise in the Erg Chigaga dunes. We guarantee that the experience of a Saharan sunrise is well worth the journey. It is absolutely breathtaking. This is one of the highlights of the trip and a memorable way to start this day. After breakfast we will do a camel trek with our local desert guides. Today we leave for Fez, a beautiful city where Morocco’s rich tradition and culture are alive and well today. Truly a World forgotten by western civilizations, Fez was created by a descendent of the Prophet Mohammed in 791. Today Fez is the religious capital of Morocco.
Dinner at the hotel.
FOURTH DAY: Fez
9:00 AM - We leave the hotel to tour Fez by bus with the local guide. The tour includes visits to the Borj Sur, constructed by Christian slaves; just like the most important doors, walls and kazbahs of the city and the merinide tombs. Later we continue on to Fez el Jedid to see the Alauita plaza and the dar el Makhzen. After that we take the bus to Fez el Bali where we visit the spice vendors. A truly impressive part of the city where the fragrances and perfumes cast a spell on the casual tourist, inviting them nearer. We finish the morning with visits to the Madraza el Attarin, masterpiece of Islamic artistry, and the Es Seffarin plaza near the leather tanners.
3:00 PM - Lunch at the hotel and free evening in Fez.
8:30 PM - Optional: We reccomend you a Moroccan dinner & Belly dancing and music show in a palace of Fez Medina.
FIFTH DAY: Chefchaouen – Tánger – Tarifa
7:00 AM Departure to Chefchaouen, an unforgettable little town in the Rif mountains. Its blue and white houses form a labrynth of vivid colors not to be missed. Guided visit to points of interest. The group will have free time to eat.
2:00 PM - After lunch we take the bus to Tangier where we board at 5:00 PM the fast ferry to Tarifa.
Arrival to Tarifa 8:00 P.M.
End of the tour and our services.
Obligatory to bring your passport to participate on this tour.
Further information about the
Sahara Desert Tour from Spain?